SK Dental Care
Your Smile. Our Mission.
Let us design your smile...
Welcome To SK Dental Care
COVID-19 How We Keep You Safe
The health and wellbeing of our Team and our patients are our top priority.
1) Screening and Prevention
All patients are screened for COVID-19 at the time of booking and a second screening is performed upon arrival combined with a contactless body temperature check at the entrance. For the COVID-19 screening questionnaire, please click here. Please arrive 15 min. before your appointment time, call us in your car for the second screening.
All staff and dentists are subjected to the same screening procedures at the beginning of every shift.
Patients are required to wear their own masks or face coverings before entering our office.
Alcohol hand rub is readily available at multiple points in our office and is required before and after entering our office.
To help us plan your appointments, for any dental concerns, an examination appointment will be scheduled followed by a treatment appointment on a different day.
2) VIP Service and Privacy
VIP service: Screening and questions related to your dental treatment and dental insurance coverage will be dealt with before your appointment over the phone to minimize contact (please have your dental insurance information handy so that we can keep it up to date); you will be greeted by our receptionist at the entrance, who will bring you right into your own private and enclosed treatment room.
We limit the number to patients in our clinic and we ask any accompanying persons to wait in their car to ensure physical distancing of more than 2 meters in our office. Patient appointments are staggered. There is no waiting in line in our office or in the waiting room.
We plan your appointment so that you will not be in contact with any other patients.
3) Infection Control Strategy
At the reception, there is a plexiglass shield.
All of our staff are wearing masks and face shields at all times.
Before dental treatment, we provide our patients with a disinfecting mouth wash.
Our infection control and personal protection equipment (PPE) protocols meet or exceed the current guidelines from the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario.
In addition to our strict disinfection and sterilization protocol, we have enhanced sanitization of all highly-touched surfaces.
4) Clean air (Purifying our air)
To ensure clean air, our private and enclosed treatment rooms are equipped with 2 different medical-grade air filtration systems: 1) Healthway Disinfecting Filtration System technology, which efficiently removes 99.99% of particulates over 40 times smaller than the HEPA filtration standard. DFS technology uses a high-energy grid to capture and kill over 99% of airborne mold, bacteria and viruses passing through the system. 2) IQAir HyperHEPA filtration technology effectively filters 99.5% of harmful particles (including viruses) down to 0.003 microns in size, which is 100 times smaller than what is achieved with ordinary HEPA filtration and 10 times smaller than a virus.
Our systems are independently tested and certified to guarantee better than HEPA efficiency.
Our 3 R’s regarding aerosol in dentistry during COVID-19
We understand that you may be concerned about the aerosol generated during dental treatment. We are taking a proactive 3 R’s approach on aerosol in our clinic: Reduce, Restrict and Refresh :
1) Reduce: Whenever possible, we limit the use of equipment that may generate aerosol (ultra-fine water droplets). For example, during your dental cleaning appointment, hand scaling will be performed instead of ultrasonic cleaning and polishing of teeth will be deferred to a later date; during a dental examination, your teeth will be wiped dry with a piece of gauze instead of using an air/water syringe spray.
2) Restrict: Not all dental procedures involve aerosol generation. For the procedures that involve aerosol, such as dental fillings, we perform the treatment in a fully enclosed operatory to restrict/confine the aerosol.
3) Refresh: We purify our air during any aerosol-generating procedures with both 1) Healthway Disinfecting Filtration System technology and 2) IQAir HyperHEPA filtration technology operating in conjunction to ensure the best air quality. After the dental procedure, we refresh the treatment room air by purifying at least another 7 times before the next use to ensure >99.99% of particulates are removed. This is in addition to the more rigorous sanitization after each use.
Click Here to Add a Title
Your smile is our mission and our team of dental professionals is dedicated to creating a pleasant experience for you and your family. We believe healthy and beautiful smiles start with prevention and we are offering a complimentary dental health kit with your dental examination and cleaning.
Why Choose Us?
Because of our skill,knowledge and offerings
We care about you
" Thank you for an awesome experience. Extremely friendly, caring staff. Clean and efficient office. We have been Dr. Ko's and Dr. So's patients for over 10 years and travel over an hour to see them. We will never change dentists."
" My kids and I are very comfortable with Dr. So and Dr. Ko. We like how all our individual needs are met. The staff is fantastic and very friendly. The dental assistants are gentle and professional. "
We would like to thank our patients who have moved but still come to visit us from Toronto, Aurora, Niagara Falls, United States, and the Carribean.
Dr. Bonnie So & Dr. Kevin Ko